11am-4pm Sunday April 16, 2023, SBCC West Campus Lawn
WHERE TO FLY: Free flying of your kite is allowed & encouraged outside of the Festival Flying Zone (we have a 75 yard area marked off for Festival events listed below so everyone can be safe while participating). Note: Festival Events are wind dependent and may change in order and scheduled time during the fest. Please respect the event participants in the competition area
Do not fly your kite or your child’s kite over the competition area please.
- CHILDRENS TAIL CHASE GAME 11am-4pm @Top & Bottom Of Hour. Groups of kids of like ages chase and try to capture the kite master’s kite tail. Age groups ranging from ages 3-4/5, 6-8, 8-12.
- All parents/guardians must fill out a participation waiver for their child to participate. Waivers are at the information booth
- 12:45 pm: MOST BEAUTIFUL- COMMERCIAL & HANDMADE KITES
- 1:15 pm YOUNGEST & OLDEST FLYERS
- 1:45 pm MOST UNIQUE KITE, MOST UNUSUAL KITE
- 2:15 pm FUNNIEST KITE, MOST UNFLYABLE KITE!
- 2:45 pm Largest Kites, Highest Flying Kites
- 3:15pmBEST OF FEST
- 4pm Sport Flying/Aerial Demos
FAQs (frequently asked questions about the event)
- Public Bathrooms are located in the Library Building. Portable restrooms are also located here at the festival
- Kites on sale at the event
- Summerland Catering (Tinker’s Hot Dogs) and beverages for sale
- Free Admission, plenty of parking (some metered, some free in upper lots)
Our website: www.sbkitefest.net
Our social pages: www.facebook.com/santabarbarakitefestival
HEALTH AND SAFETY: All current State and County Public Health Protocols and Safety Guidelines are being followed at the Santa Barbara Kite festival. Please respect other’s personal space and choices.